NLN has opened the Simulation Innovation Resource Center (SIRC) for nurse educators to learn how to use simulation to promote and evaluate student learning, and communicate with simulation experts and one another on simulation in nursing education issues.
Some of its features are:
- Nine online courses with interactive exercises and video clips of simulation scenarios and interactive programs
- Public forums where faculty can share information about and their experiences with simulation
- A resource center offering information on funding opportunities, a directory of simulation researchers, venders of products used for simulation, and a list of simulation centers
- An annotated bibliography of simulation-related articles
- An events calendar detailing simulation-related professional gatherings, including academic conferences and trade shows
- Simulation news — announcements, bulletins, updates, noteworthy events worldwide affecting the simulation community